– Identify independent, dependent, confounding, and control variables in experimental designs.
– Describe how research design drives the reasonable conclusions that can be drawn.
– Distinguish between random assignment of participants to conditions in experiments and random selection of participants, primarily in correlational studies and surveys.
– Identify how ethical issues inform and constrain research practices.
– Describe how ethical and legal guidelines protect research participants and promote sound ethical practice.
2.0 Analyze and interpret quantitative data.